2 long red or orange carrots
1 t sp. finely chopped ginger
1 tb sp. finely chopped coriander leaves
juice of 1/2 alime or lemon
3/4th t sp. roasted ground jeera(cumin powder)
chilli flakes to taste
salt to taste
cayene pepper to taste
- Scrape, wash and cut the carrots into 1/2" thick slices.
- Put carrots into boiling water for 1 minute and turn off the heat.Let them be in the water for another minute or so. It should be crunchy.
- Drain and add all the ingredients and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Mix well and chill in the fridge.
- Serve as short eats with cocktails or enjoy it as a side dish with an omelette, or grilled fish.
- Takes not more than ten minutes for the entire process. an excellent healthy snack when you are short of time annd hungry.