6 cauliflower florets
2 medium size potatoes
1 1/2" piece of ginger cut into julliens
1/2 t sp haldi(turmeric) powder
salt to taste
chilli powder to taste
coriander / cilantro for garnish
2 tb sps cooking oil
- Wash and cut the cauliflower florets into four.
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into wedged and then cut into halves.
- Heat oil in a kadai or fry pan.
- Add cauliflower, potatoes and mix well with the oil.
- Lower heat, add haldi, chilli powder and salt and mix it well till evenly coated.
- Add ginger julliens, stir and cover with a tight fitting lid to cook in its own steam. Keep the flame low.
- Remove the lid and stir gently from time to time making sure that any drops of water on the lid fall back into the pan.If it looks dry, sprinkle a few drops of water and cover and cook till tender but not disintegrating.
- Remove the lid and let it fry gently till no water is left and the oil begins to separate.
- It should be quite soft but not mushy when done.
- Transfer to a flat dish and garnish with coriander leaves and ginger julliens.
- Enjoy with hot roties or rice and dal.