1 kg lean mutton cut into pasandas (method given below)
3/4 ccup curd
1 1/2 t sp red chilli powder
1 tb sp dhania/coriander powder
1/2 t sp haldi/turmeric powder
1/2 t sp whole jeera/cumin seeds
salt to taste
2 tsps Kasoori methi/ dry methi leaves or 2tb sps fresh methi leaves chopped fine
3 green chillies finely chopped
2 medium sized onions sliced fine
1/2 cup ground onion
11/2 tb sps ground garlic
1 tb sp ground ginger
3 black cardamoms
two 2" sticks cinnamon
3 tbsps oil
2 tbsps ghee
- Clean and cut the meat into1/2" thick and 2" square pieces.(Your butcher will do this for you.)
- Beat each piece into pasandas with the back of a wet a knife or hammer ,till it is flat and fibres separate.
- Mix curd, salt chillies, dhania powder, cumin seeds, haldi, methi leaves, ground onions,ginger and garlic with the meat and marinate for atleast 1/2 an hour.
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan, add the cardamom, cloves and cinnamon.
- Add sliced onions and fry till golden brown.
- Remove the pan from fire and place the pasandas flat and evenly.
- Add 1 cup water and cook covered with a lid on medium heat till tender and very little water remains.
- Add ghee and place the pan on a hot tawa/ griddle with the lid on tight till water dries up and ghee remains.Serve with hot roties or parathas.