2 cups finely shreded cabbage
1/2 cup finely sliced green beans
1/4 cup carrot julliens
7 curry leaves washed and dried
1 green chilli
1/4t sp cumin seeds
1/tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp methi (fenugreek seeds)
salt to taste
1tb sp olive oil or any other cooking oil
- Heat oil in a kadai or frypan.
- Add mustard, cumin and methi seeds. When the seeds begin to crackle, add curry leaves and broken green chilli.
- Add the cabbage, beans and carrots,stir fry for a minute and cover and cook for 3 minutes on low heat or till the vegetables are cooked to your liking.Do not over cook as the veg's should be crunchy.
- Take the lid off, add salt and stir fry for a minute or till no moisture is left.
- Can be served hot with rice and daal or at room temparature as a salad.
- Add grated coconut for an exotic touch.
Note:Innovate as one of the layers of a club sandwich or use it in a tortilla or paratha roll with other accompaniments.Try it out as a raita mixed with well beaten yoghurt, topped with roasted and powdered cumin seeds and coarsely ground black pepper.