2 hard boiled eggs
1 tb sp cooking oil ( a bit more if you like.)
11/2 t sp chilli powder
A pinch of oregano ( optional)
Salt to taste
Chopped black olives
Grated cheese to taste
- Cut the hard boiled eggs into half length wise.
- Heat the oil in a fry pan till smoking.
- Lower heat and add the chilli powder taking care not to burn it. The oil should turn a nice red colour.
- Add the salt and oregano.
- Place the egg halves in the hot oil and let them colour lightly.
- Flip them over and cook the other side as well. Total cooking time should not be more than 2 minutes after putting the egg halves in the oil.
- Place on a plate and sprinkle cheese and the chopped olives on top.
- Garnish with any fresh green herbs of your choice.
- Enjoy with toasted or plain bread which has been rubbed with the remaining chilli oil.
- Will certainly hearten a cold gloomy autumn evening.