1 cup /200gm dahi/yogurt
1 small tomato
1 green chilli chopped
1 t sp chopped ginger
1/2 t sp methi (fenugreek seeds)
1/2 t sp rai (mustard seeds)
1/4 t sp haldi (turmeric)
a pinch of hing (asaphoetida)
chilli powder to taste (optional)
salt to taste
3tsps cooking oil
- Heat oil in a small saucepan, add hing, methi seeds,mustard seeds and as they begin to crackle add finely chopped tomatoes and cook till soft.
- Add haldi ,salt and chilli powder.
- Add chopped ginger, green chillies,chopped coriander leaves and mix well for a minute or two.
- Lower heat, add well beaten dahi, stir well to mix all the ingredients and turn off the heat. Continue to stir for two minutes even after switching off the heat so that the dahi does not split.
- Dahi Kadi is ready. Enjoy it with boiled rice and vegetables .
Note: You can change the consistency to your liking by adding water to the dahi when you beat it.
Try the thick version as a dip with nachos,crisps or french fries.