1kg chicken drumsticks
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp red chilli powder
11/2 t sp jeera powder
1 tb sp ginger garlic paste
1 t sp tandoori garam masala ( 1'' piece cinamon, 3 green cardamoms, 5 cloves, 1black cardamom,5 peppercorns ground together)
1 t sp lemon juice
1/2 cup sour curd (yoghurt)
3 tb sps oil
a pinch of tandoori colour (optional)
- Wash the drumsticks and wipe dry with a kithen towel.
- Make small slits on both sides.
- Rub lemon juice and all the dry masalas on the chicken and keep aside for 1/2 an hour.
- Whip the curd ,add 3 tb sps oil, tandoori colour and marinate the chicken in it for at least 4-5 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 250 deg.C
- Put the chicken in an oven proof tray or dish and cook for 15 minutes,
- Pull out the tray and turn the chicken pieces and cook for 7-10 minutes or till done.
- Excess marInade if any can be dried under a hot grill.
- Sprinkle chat masala and serve with onion rings and lemon wedges.