1 kg mutton
4 tb. sps tomato puree
3 heaped t. sps garlic paste
3 heaped t. sps ginger paste
2 heaped tb. sps dhania powder
1 t. sp haldi powder
garam masala made with cinnamon, cloves and small cardamom
salt to taste
red chilli powder to taste
4 big onions finely sliced
3tb. cooking oil
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker.
- Add sliced onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add mutton and fry for 10- 15 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell goes.
- Add the dry masalas mixed with 1/4 cup water and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add tomato puree and cook till reddish brown.
- Peel potatoes and prick with a fork and fry with the mutton for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 glasses of water and pressure cook on high heat till pressure is teached.
- Reduce heat and let it cook for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the cooker cool down naturally.
- Open the cooker and check if the mutton is tender,cook without the lid for another 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a shallow dish, sprinkle garam masala, chopped coriander leaves and serve with hot rotis.
Note: Vegetarians can cook the same dish with soya chunks instead of mutton, reducing the amount of water and cooking time as required.