250 gms new potatoes or any potatoes of your choice
1/2 t sp whole jeera/cumin
1/4 t sp chilli powder
1 t sp coriander powder
1/2 t sp amchur/mango powder optional
salt to taste
1t sp ginger julliens or chopped ginger
2 tb sps chopped fresh coriander/cilantro
1/2 tb sps cooking oil
- Wash and boil potatoes with the skin and let them cool.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into 3/4" pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai or frypan, add jeera /cumin and as it begins to splutter add the potato cubes.
- Stir fry for a minute, sprinkle all the dry masalas and salt.and mix to coat the potatoes.
- Lower heat,add finely chopped ginger and cover with a lid for two minutes to let the masalas assimilate with the potatoes.
- Uncover and let the poatoes cook on low heat for 7- 10 minutes, stirring of and on and letting them crumble a bit.
- Finally raise the heat and fry for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle the fresh herbs and stir once or twice.
- Serve on a platter garnished with fresh coriander and ginger julliens.
Note: A good side dish for any meal or can be enjoyed as a snack rolled with roties.
To serve it as a cocktail snack,cut the potatoes into bite size cubes or wedges.
Squeeze a few drops of lime juice to give it an extra zing.