2 breasts of chicken
3 tb sps onion paste
1 t sp ginger paste
1 t sp garlic paste
3 cloves of fresh garlic crushed
2 t sp crushed black pepper
salt to taste
1 tb sp yogurt
1 1/2 tb sp cooking oil
coriander leaves for garnish
- Wash the chicken breast and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Poke the chicken all over with a fork for the marinade to soak in.
- Marinate the chicken with all the ingredients except oil and coriander leaves and let it soak for as long as possible. You could do it over night and leave it in the fridge.
- Heat oil in a frypan or kadai till smoking. Lower heat , place the chicken pieces flat in the frypan and cook for a minute or so to seal . Turn and do the same to the other side.
- Add any extra marinade and cover. Cook on a very low flame, turning the chicken once or twice.
- Check to see if the chicken is cooked through.Dry out any extra liquid.It should be just coated with the masala.
- Sprinkle fresh coriander leaves and serve with a salad and mashed potatoes.