200 gms paneer/tofu
1/2 cup milk
1/4 t sp haldi / turmeric
red chilli powder to taste
salt to taste
kasturi methi(dry fenugeric leaves)
1tb sp cooking oil
1 tb sp ghee/ butter
1/2 t sp of sugar
- Soak the cashew nuts in milk till soft. Grind and make a paste and keep aside.
- Cut the paneer into large triangles.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Turn the heat off and now add jeera and haldi powder.Quickly add the paneer pieces and stir so that the masalas do not discolour.
- Turn on the heat and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the salt and chilli powder and stir it gently.
- Add the cashew paste and stir to coat the paneer.Add the sugar and cook to melt it.
- Add the kasturi methi and cook for 3 minutes.
- Serve with hot rotis or pulao.
Note: Adjust the amount of the cashew paste to your liking.